Saturday, February 6, 2010

Where's the time gone?

So apparently it's been 6 months already since Caleb was born. Time has sure flown by! He's grown & changed so much over the past 6 months. He discovered how to roll over at about 5-1/2 months and I can't imagine it will be much longer until he figures out how to crawl. He rolls from his back to tummy and back again with such ease, and when he is on his tummy he has his arms and legs moving in a crawling motion. He just has to figure out how to lift his big belly off the ground and then it'll be a challenge to keep up with him.

He has also been moving backwards in his walker. He is just tall enough now to touch the floor - barely, and he pushes himself backwards until he runs into an obstacle. Time to put the baby gate up at the top of the basement stairs...

He is still sleeping through the night consistently and I've started him slowly on some solid foods; so far I've tried baby cereal and mashed bananas... yum!! He takes the spoon well and opens his mouth when he's ready for another bite. So fascinating to watch him make new discoveries everyday.

I debated upon taking him to a professional photographer for his 6 month photos but decided to give it a try at home instead. I called in reinforcements tho since he's a lot more active now than at 3 months... those photos were a breeze to take compared to now... A friend came over and we set up a white sheet over some pillows and started shooting. It figures tho that my usually smiling, laughing baby would not be in the mood to smile at all during the session. He was quite content, no tears or fussing, but just didn't want to smile. Finally I got Sandi involved, since she is the only thing that can get him laughing hysterically, and we were able to get some nice shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment